Sunday, November 16, 2008

UFC 88 NOW AVAILABLE

Here is the Review for the PPV UFC 88 from viewpoint.com

UFC 88: Breakthrough
First up Jason "The Athlete" MacDonald (who, I am personally sick of! I think this guy is in EVERY MMA event! lol) vs Jason "The Punisher" Lambert. It was a fairly quick fight, with MacDonald "punishing" Lambert with a rear naked choke in the second round.

Second up Tim "The Barbarian" Boetsch vs Michael Pat. I don't know much about Pat, but, Boetsch is an up an comer who pulls out the win by TKO in the first round. He's fun to watch!

Third was Thiago Tavares vs Kurt "Batman" Pellegrino went all the way, but, was a pretty exciting fight with Pellegrino coming up with win by Unanimous Decision.

Then there was Dong Hyun Kim vs Matt Brown, who was on The Ultimate Fighter last season, and who is one of my favorite up and coming fighters. Unfortunately, Brown lost by split decision, but, he put up a great fight, and showed a lot of skills, as he did last year. I'm looking forward to seeing him grow as a fighter.

Also, Martin Kampmann vs Nate "The Great" Marquardt, another of my fave fighters, was an exciting fight with Marquardt coming up with the win by TKO in the first.

Next, Dan "Hendo" Henderson vs Rousimar Palhare. I'm gonna step out a limb here, and say something that might get me in trouble, but, I haven't been as impressed with Henderson as I thought I would. He came up with the win by Unanimous Decision, but, he is a vet in this sport, coming over from Pride, but, so far in his career as a UFC fighter, I am just not that impressed. Maybe it's his age, or that there is just a different caliber of fighter out there now, than when he was in his heyday. NOT to say that Henderson isn't an EXCELLENT fighter, he just hasn't been all that I expected him to be.

Also, there was Rich "Ace" Franklin vs Matt "The Hammer" Hamil. I have to say this was the most disappointing fight of the night to me. Ever since I watched Matt Hamil on The Ultimate Fighter a few years back, I have liked him. He is completely deaf and has gone on to overcome this disability and become one hell of a fighter. He got injured in The Ultimate Fighter and was unable to complete the show, but Dana White has given him the opportunity to fight, but, he just hasn't been all that I hoped for. He loses more than he wins, as he did in this fight, losing to Franklin by TKO only .39 seconds into the first round. I don't know if his deafness is more of a disadvantage to him, because he can't hear his corner yelling commands and suggestions to him, he has to LOOK over at them for signals, which, I'm sure, distracts him. But, I can see the advantage as well, because he can't hear the crowd around him, which could help him concentrate on the fight more. I'm not sure, but, I really like this fighter, and hope that he can overcome more difficulties and get on the right track and come up with a win next time!

And lastly, Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell vs Rashad "Sugar" Evans. Let me say first off that I am a Chuck Liddell fan. I always will be. I also like Rashad Evans. I think he is an excellent fighter and he is well on his way to the top. Unfortunately, for Chuck, he was standing in his way. And Rashad knocked him out in the second round, taking the next step to the top. In the past few years, as I have become an avid MMA fan, I have watched The Iceman go down. I think there comes a time when you have to step out of the ring, and walk away. I think Chuck's time has come. I hate it. I love to watch him fight. He is a great competitor, and a force to be reckoned with, but, he is getting older, and the fighters that are coming up now are just a different caliber. I think it's time he just stepped aside and let them take the reigns.


Here is the direct download for the PPV UFC 88 Breakthrough.

No comments:

Post a Comment